Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information & Support
Dear ICC Austin Members,
We hope you are looking forward to your time in ICC Austin. We are excited for the fall semester and to welcome so many new members into our community! We also recognize and understand that some of you may be feeling anxious and uncertain, especially with the rise in COVID-19 cases in Austin.
ICC Austin is mirroring UT Austin’s advice and guidance to reduce the spread of COVID-19 in our communities. While much of this email will echo UT’s communication, there are some specifics for what you can expect in your community.
Please review this information and let us know if you have any questions.
-ICC Austin Staff
Ashleigh, Billy, Laura, Chris, Ada
Due to the nature of ICC Austin communities and the group-residential living environment, you are strongly encouraged to get vaccinated for COVID-19. Getting vaccinated is the best protection against COVID-19. If you have any questions about the vaccine, consult with your healthcare provider. UT Austin has vaccination information available here. COVID vaccinations are FREE.
ICC Austin strongly suggests that all house-communities implement mask requirements in common areas from Wednesday, August 18th through Monday, August 30th as an added precautionary measure during this busy transition season. The Delta variant that is currently circulating is highly contagious and transmissible. Masking during this period will help reduce spread until testing is concluded for all house members. Updated masking guidance is available here.
ICC Austin is following UT Austin’s testing requirements. For your safety and the safety of our community, all members should receive a viral test 72 hours before classes begin on Wednesday, August 25th.
If you test positive, please notify your trustee and ICC Austin staff immediately. UT Students may contact the Behavior Concerns and COVID-19 Advice Line (BCCAL) to report your positive result and receive assistance with isolation options and class absence notification.
All ICC Austin members are encouraged to participate in regular COVID-19 testing through the UT Proactive Community Testing (PCT) Program.
Community Rules & Protocols
ICC Austin will support house-communities by ensuring appropriate information* is available and providing sanitation supplies as needed to reduce the spread of COVID-19. All members share in the responsibility to protect your living environment. This includes:
- Maintaining diligent labor schedules with high focus on kitchen sanitation
- Working with your community to develop protocols for things like masks in common areas and proactive testing
- Developing a house-level guest policy. Please note: No parties or large events are permitted while Austin/Travis County remains in Stage 5 risk levels. This is for the safety and protection of you and your living environment.
- Developing processes for communication/notification if a housemate tests positive. ICC Austin Staff must be notified immediately if a member tests positive for COVID-19. This is for the safety of our staff and any contractors/vendors scheduled to be onsite.
- Maintaining clean and sanitary houses. Please no guff piles! This reduces possible avenues of transmission and prevents clutter which ensures areas and can be appropriately sanitized.*In general, ICC Austin will mirror UT Austin communication.
ICC Austin cannot prevent you from becoming exposed to, contracting, or spreading COVID-19 while you reside in an ICC Austin house. For up-to-date COVID information: Protect Texas (UT specific), City of Austin, CDC.